Microgrid offers turnkey Solar PV installation, with an emphasis on project delivery through Solar Leasing and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). We have built a strong reputation for delivering results, with a high level of professionalism and expertise.
Microgrid’s service categories and areas of focus:
- Commercial / Industrial Distributed PV Installer with a presence in the Midwest, East Coast, and the Caribbean.
- Solar EPC, working nationally, with a focus on projects sized under 5 MW.
- Residential solar installer, servicing the St. Louis and New York City regional areas.
Microgrid completes residential and small commercial projects (Distributed PV) in the regions where we have offices and larger projects across the U.S. and in the Caribbean.
Microgrid Solar is a division of Microgrid Energy
What is a Microgrid?
The term “microgrid” is used in two senses – as a technical term describing an energy “islanding” capability, whereby a campus or grouping of buildings, has the ability to operate independently from the electrical grid and other centralized power sources, if necessary. Typically microgrid’s are utilized for military bases, hospitals, or other groupings of buildings that involve critical power loads. Microgrid Solar offers services to design and construct microgrids, in this sense of the term, through our parent company, Microgrid Energy.
The other use of “microgrid” is the more loose sense, signifying the general shift to greater independence from the grid through increased efficiency and onsite power generation. Our company understands what we do to be a part of a paradigm shift, moving from a centralized, fossil fuel-based system of power generation, to a more decentralized, clean fuel-based system. Microgrid Solar takes our name from this broader meaning of “microgrid”.
From the start, Microgrid’s success has been the result of having outstanding personnel. We employ hard-working people who are passionate about what they do. Our leadership team is listed below.
Visit our facebook page to read about featured employees and some of the fun things that go on in our offices. Learn more about becoming a part of our fast growing team.
- Rick Hunter, Chief Executive Officer, Founder
- Todd Velnosky – VP of Project Development
- Tim Breece – VP of Production
- David Farrell – VP of Business Development
- Dan Hancock – VP of Government Services
- Steve O’Rourke – VP of Strategic Initiatives
- Marisa Lather – Director of Online Marketing